As you may have guessed from some of my previous posts, I have spent the last six years working at Cartoon Network Studios.
Sadly, my time with them ended on Tuesday, after reorganization terminated my position and my department.
Overall, I'm sad that I won't be seeing all of the wonderful people I've gotten to know over the previous years, and esp. sad that I won't be seeing the Ben 10 and Consumer Products groups every day. However, such is the nature of animation, so I'm not angry about it or anything like that. I had a really long run, and I feel like I accomplished so much.
Out of all my projects, I think my biggest accomplishments were my recruiting and my mentoring... I would like to think that I helped at least a few really talented people get their foot in the door.
I also want to say how incredibly proud I am of so many people who were either former interns or students who let me help them. I'm so glad they actually listened, and if any of them are reading this, I will totally be hitting you up for help soon in finding a new job. You have been warned!
Overall, I think I am going to take a couple of weeks and just decompress. It's been a long time since I've been able to take a vacation, and while next week is already full for lunch dates, I will be open for some the week after!
I'm going to miss everyone from CNS, but I think it will be good for me to find another studio and get some new experience. I hope to work with you all again, and it's been a total pleasure!
p.s. If we have worked together and you see me, please feel free to give me a hug! Just no "sad faces", okay?
Friday, November 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
NOo! Im sad..but I won't show you my "sad face"! In a time where there was not much going on at CN, I'm so glad to have bumped into you. You, being so outgoing and nice, I was so excited when you invited me back to intern for Comic Con. My First time (and, sadly, only time...) working at Comic Con with you was such a great experience ;) I'll always remember and appreciate it. I'll be on the lookout for you here at FOX :) In the meanwhile, Good Luck in all you do and take some time off ...you deserve it!
ReplyDelete