Thursday, April 9, 2009

Gingerbread Spring House

I found myself with some free time last weekend (for the first time in a long time) and I had a hard time trying to decide what to do with myself.

I had been browsing the Easter/Spring aisle at Target the week before, and I remember seeing some cute daisy sprinkles that I thought would make awesome shingles on a gingerbread house.


So, I bought one of those premade kits, tossed the candy they give you to the side, and decided to make my own creation...Here's a side view of the roof.
The chimney wasn't quite finished at this point (it still needed to be piped and I bought a bag of cotton candy to use for smoke coming out of it)
Here's a front view...


The daisies on the front are the same as those on the roof. I just piped centers for them. The windows are made from Starburst, the siding on the house is airheads, and the pebble walkway are nerds. The grass is coconut colored with wilton gel. I think I used Kelly Green, but I won't swear to it.

I gave this to our receptionist here at the studio, since she didn't have any spring time decorations out. She seemed to love it, and apparently got a ton of comments about it. It seems that someone like it so much, they took off with it while she was at lunch one day. So, if you happen to see this around town, drop me a line. I'd like to know where it ended up!

No comments:

Post a Comment